Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Soul night


It was B-Side's 1st year anniversary, my Sister tagged me along with her to watch some local soul bands. I haven't fully appreciated soul/funk music yet but this did me justice.


We ate at this little Ramen shop called Wabi Sabi. But we just ate some veggie chips and milk tea because we no go there for Ramen.



A less known band that wow-ed me and especially my sister who seems relevant to her as she sings along to their handpicked cover songs. Generation gap?





I love how watching them took me back through time! I wouldn't be surprised if I see Lady Smith Black Mambazo dancing beside me.


...which sounded really Brazilian and ethnic. I loved! Combine Brazilian and Filipino, this is what you get. Magic.
Funny, how I've been following this band for quite some time but never actually had the chance to watch them live...'till last night.


Congrats B-Side!




ALAKPA
CHILLITEES
COSMIC LOVE
DISCOBALL
GOODLEAF
JUAN PABLO DREAM
KADANGYAN
LADY-I
NYKO MACA & GAFiEiRA
PAPADOM
PAPA U GEE
PHATTY MARIA
SINOSIKAT
RADIOACTIVE SAGO
CALIPH8
DON P
MULAN
RED-I
SOULFLOWER

B

No comments:

Post a Comment